Have you ever attended any of the Fijnwyn events?
We have! A couple of times – and it is the perfect opportunity to hang out with wine loving friends (yay Mike and Monica)! And it is such a unique and chilled experience.
The venue, Shokran, is on the outskirts of Pretoria East – and nestled amidst a pecan and almond plantation, a real ‘outdoors’ location!
You are in for a fantastic and diverse food and wine experience – with more than 40 wine estates, deli food stalls and food trucks. Pair that with live music and you’ve got the perfect, decadent taste-adventure. And, there is even a kiddies play area – so a very family friendly experience.
Have a look at this impressive list of wine estate that will be represented (prelim):
Bartinney, Barton Vineyards, Bellevue, Beyerskloof, Boplaas, De Krans, De Waal, Doolhof, Franschhoek Cellars, Goede Hoop, Groenland, Hartenberg, Jakkalsvlei, Kaapse Familie Wingerde, La Couronne, Lammershoek, Lieben, Lomond, Louis 57, Middelvlei, Muratie, Oak Valley, Org de Rac Organic, Raka, Rhebokskloof, Ridgeback, Rietvallei, Stellekaya, The Goose, Valdo Prosecco, VNL, Welgemeend, Wildekrans, Wolfkloof.
Tickets are limited and the prices as follows:
- 27 April – R150 per adult, includes wine tastings and glass
- 29 April – R170 per adult, includes wine tastings, a glass and access to the 10th birthday celebrations kicking off at 18.00
- Kids 12 – 18 = R50 and kids under 12 enter for free.
There are a limited amount of tickets available for each day, and all tickets can be bought on http://www.itickets.co.za. For more information visit http://www.fijnwyn.co.za or contact Charmaine on 0823355659 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Fijnwyn on Facebook as well Fijnwyn Food and Wine Festival on Facebook – they will share more info about the food options available as well!
I also have a set of double tickets to give away for Saturday, 29 April – for the 10th event birthday celebrations! Follow Fijnwyn on Facebook, using the hashtag #FijnwynBirthday if you post on Social Media about the event! Would love to hear about your experience!
In order to qualify to go into the draw for the set of double tickets :
- Comment on this post, sharing which wine estate will be your first stop at the Fijnwyn event!
- OR enter via Twitter – follow @GPBoozyFoodie and RT the pinned post, using the hashtag #FijnwynBirthday and name your favourite wine farm that will be at Fijnwyn
- OR enter via Instagram – follow @GPBoozyFoodie, follow the hashtag #FijnwynBirthday to find my competition post and comment with the hashtag which farm is your Fijnwyn Favourite
- OR enter via Facebook – Follow @GPBoozyFoodie, share the pinned post and using the hashtag #FijnwynBirthday to name your favourite winefarm to visit at Fijnwyn
Enter by 21 April – the winner will be chosen from entries from this blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – remember to use the hashtag #FijnwynBirthday!
PS: Some info and photos used is my own, and some were supplied via PR